Dresser Makeover – Second Time’s a Charm

Sometimes I get it wrong. R E A L L Y wrong.

A few months ago I was in love with Kelly Green (still am actually) and I painted a pretty French provincial-type dresser a bold green. You can read about it here.

It looked like this originally:

And then came Kelly:

But NOW (and forevermore to remain) here is the newly transformed aqua dresser:

Smitten I am.

SO smitten, in fact, that she has taken up residence in our entryway. The aqua plays beautifully with the new softer shade of gray on the walls. The dresser is painted Sherwin-Williams Raindrop (satin finish) and the walls are Sherwin-Williams Gray Clouds (flat finish). I highly highly recommend this color combination.

Here she is standing serenely in the entryway.

She’s a Guinevere.

The name just came to me when I saw her. And then Dictionary tells me that Guinevere means “fair” and “smooth.”

I melt. We were meant to be.

It’s a sickness people.

I couldn’t resist adding in some bird nests…and the pashmina/scarf that circulates through my decor.

Okay…one last before and after:

Done. and Done.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

9 Responses to “Dresser Makeover – Second Time’s a Charm”

1. Shelley August 3, 2012 at 4:18 pm #

LOVE!!!! When are you coming to my house????

2. Nancy August 6, 2012 at 7:40 pm #

I love the blue. Yes, I can see how you can be in love! Thanks for stopping by our blog. Yours is beautiful! I will enjoy going through your back posts!
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

3. Michelle August 10, 2012 at 1:04 pm #

Much better! I must say, I too, love green, but more of a sage. Looks great in the foyer too. I am totally on board with a dresser makeover for our foyer. :)
    One word of advice, I noticed the dresser is on legs. Be careful when your little one begins to pull up on furniture. Our son pulled a dresser on top of him. He was fine, thank goodness, but that was a scarey moment.

• The Soulful House August 13, 2012 at 4:55 pm #

Thanks Michelle, and thanks for the reminder about the little ones pulling up on furniture. Glad your son wasn’t injured but that IS something I hadn’t thought about yet!

4. ShannonSews August 13, 2012 at 11:09 pm #

Your aqua dresser is gorgeous! The paint color, the style and that lovely silver hardware. I’d want to show it off too! Beautiful blog btw. Can’t wait to see what else you come up with. Thanks for your sweet comment about my bamboo sunburst mirror. I can’t wait to see yours in gold! :) Shannon

• The Soulful House September 11, 2012 at 1:26 pm #

Thanks Shannon! My post on the gold sunburst mirror should be up soon!

5. Barbie Misner February 1, 2013 at 4:06 am #

Passed by your post and decided to share it on my blog so my followers can see it too. I used the same title, “Dresser Makeover – Second Time’s a Charm | The Soulful House”

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Right-sizing An Entryway | The Soulful House - January 1, 2016

[…] might remember the aqua dresser I had in the entryway for awhile, and the beautiful combination it made with the gray walls […]